Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I know, I need to catch up...

We are getting settled in after moving and I have lots to post, including some great pictures of everyone enjoying life in the country (As soon as I find all of the parts to upload the pictures). Here is a quick summary:
  1. Carter loves dirt. Baths are much different now - and much more important.
  2. Murphy is a dog. I know many of you think he is a person, but he is also a dog. He loves exploring and patrolling his territory. Today, he brought me a tiny bone in from outside (not the store bought rawhide type) He still sleeps in our bed.
  3. Ryan and I are surviving life without conveniences. We have made two separate trips to "the city" in two weeks and are glad to know the drive is only an hour - and its beautiful!
  4. Our immediate neighbors bats, scorpions, deer, giant beetles, skunks, crawfish, turtles, snakes, fish, and an Egret who we have named Ernie. I'm sure we will meet more of our critter neighbor friends soon.
  5. Moving is much harder with a two year old and while pregnant. Thankfully, we've had a lot of help from family (thank you!). Ryan and I are at a point of exhaustion and will hopefully be motivated enough to finish unpacking before the baby comes in November.
  6. And yes, the baby....the baby BOY! Apparently our little boy played a trick on us at the earlier sonogram. No, I am not disappointed. Yes we are sure its a boy and no we are not going to have any more kids to try for a girl. I don't have that "need" to have a girl (although she would be adorably dressed), I certainly don't want chance having THREE boys. Carter is amazing, sweet, and has completely sold me on little boys. If I had a live in maid and an outdoor shower, maybe I would be open to another....no I'm really not.
Stay tuned over the next few days for pictures...

No comments: